The Top Five Reasons to Become A Wind Turbine Technician:
- You want a career with FLEXIBILITY: There are both traveling and stationary technician. This allows you to work for one field
- You want to make a DIFFERENCE: You want to make a different in the push toward clean and renewable energy. Not only does it help offset the harmful consumption of fossil fuels, it also helps avoid the cost spikes caused by traditional electrical costs.
- You want something that uses your BRAIN and HANDS: Wind Turbine Technicians use their hands on a regular basis completing maintenance and repairs on turbines. These aren’t always conventional repairs though – you need to have a background in electronics, mechanical, and hydraulic components. This is not to mention the attention to detail that makes a technician effective.
- You want to be in an industry that’s GROWING: The Renewable Electricity Standard call for 25 percent of the U.S. electric power generation to come from renewable resources by 2025. Record growth in the industry means record growth in jobs. The work in confined spaces and heights also make it so that the competition for careers is lighter in this area.
- You want PROFESSIONAL GROWTH: Not only do you have a foot into a growing industry, we even offer an associate's to help our graduates move up with their current employer. A growing field means potential for you to move up as well.
For more information about our Wind Turbine Technician program click here or about our certificate and associate's degree programs click here.