Your resume is one of the most important documents you will ever create and will likely determine if you are selected for an interview. First impressions count and employers want to know within seconds of reading your resume: "Why should we hire you? How are you qualified for this position? What differentiates you from other applicants?"
NINE TIPS FOR A POLISHED RESUME
1. Choose the correct format (Functional, Chronological, Combination)
2. Include all contact information
3. Choose a conservative font
4. Tailor your resume for each position you apply for
5. Keep your resume concise and streamlined by using bullets and clear headings
6. Utilize keywords from job description in your resume
7. Prioritize your resume content by placing most relevant information first
8. Focus on accomplishments, accolades, and praises; quantify when appropriate
9. Proofread, proofread, proofread
There are several sample resumes below. Please download ones that you feel would be appropriate to see ideas for how to write your own resume. When complete, email to your Career Services Coordinator for review.