Career Advancement and Leadership
Take Your Career to New Heights
This occupational associate degree program requires students to first complete the Wind Turbine Technician certificate program. This associate degree is designed to allow graduates to advance their careers by providing them with a more in-depth understanding of wind turbines, wind site management, and the information technology used in the wind industry along with the essential communication and managerial skills to assume supervisory positions in their field.
Graduates are prepared for entry-level positions including, but not limited to, Wind Site Supervisor, Wind Site Manager, Wind Energy Supervisor, Wind Energy Manager, Wind Turbine Installation Supervisor, Wind Turbine Supervisor.
Wind Turbine Technology Highlights
- Identify the elements that are necessary to be successful as a supervisor
- Define leadership and describe the difference between a leader and a supervisor
- List actions a supervisor can take to improve team performance
- Explain the purpose and importance of technical communication
- Describe the steps to achieve clarity and conciseness in technical writing
- Create properly formatted memos, letters, email, instructions, and user manuals
- Define the importance of managerial communication in the workplace
- Discuss the considerations for technology use in workplace communications
- Discuss the importance of nonverbal communication and interactive listening
- Discuss the advantages, challenges and potential for wind energy
- Explain wind turbine technologies
- Discuss issues related to the aerodynamics of vertical axis wind turbines
- Discuss the design elements of vertical axis wind turbines
- Explain wind site layout, spacing, and general arrangement
- Explain the processes and procedures of life-cycle assessment
- Discuss the future of wind energy and wind site management
- Describe basic accounting practices of wind site management
- Create charts, tables, and pivot tables in Excel
- Describe the fundamental elements of a SCADA system
- Describe network solutions for the wind industry
Have you been thinking about the next steps beyond your role as a Wind Turbine Technician? If you want to take your career to even greater heights, PCI offers a Wind Energy Technology associate degree program. PCI’s associate degree program builds onto the certificate program so you'll be ready for even more opportunities.
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Take The Pinnacle "Career Training Readiness Quiz" The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you'll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you're best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
Est. Median Salary
$31.80 Hourly $66,140 Annual**
Who Hires PCI Grads
- Fusion Solutions
- Broadwind Energy
- Granite Services
- Tradesman International
* - Program length is assuming continual full-time enrollment and satisfactory academic progress.
** - Median salary information from https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/49-1011.00#WagesEmployment